Celebration and Social Events
Celebration and social time are important ingredients to life at RTC ! Special Services, celebrations, and informal social events abound throughout the year, some coinciding with Christian holidays, including:
- Hoops N Loops: punch needle, rug hookers, knitters, etc. Everyone is invited to bring handcrafts of any kind and enjoy a good cup of java and great conversation during this informal gathering the first and third Thursday of each month 10:00 AM – 12:00.
- Made in Alberta Potluck Supper: Held in October, a pot luck supper and discussion emphasizing the use of local foods and products.
- Advent Craft and Carols: First Saturday in December, 3:00-5:00 pm. Stop in to the big hall for some goodies, free crafts for kids, music and fun! Adults can make a swag out of fresh greenery, learn the art of wrapping candles (free), or just relax in a comfy chair while your kids play!
- Shrove Tuesday on Ash Wednesday Pancake Supper (1st Wed. of Lent)
- Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner: A fun evening, coordinated by our social gurus, individuals sign up to host and/or attend a dinner. The hosts don’t know who is coming, and the guests don’t know who else will be dining with them that evening, until everyone shows up! It’s a great way to enjoy the company of those you may know casually, but don’t often have the chance to spend time with.
- Spring Tea and Fashion Show: This annual May event celebrates the beauty of spring as we decorate the sanctuary with tables adorned with tulips and heirloom teacups. Fresh strawberries are served with shortcake and tea. Ticket holders are treated to a fashion show by Olsen’s fashions, and nearly everyone leaves with a fabulous door prize!.
In addition to all this, we socialize regularly, hosting spaghetti suppers, movie nights and games nights open to the public. And every Sunday after worship there’s great coffee and time for conversation.